Looking for a career in a global environment with opportunities in business development or customer driven engineering solutions? Then take a closer look at Linde. This could be your next step towards an exciting career where you can apply your technical or business skills to a commercial career path. If you are a new Chemical or Mechanical engineering or business student with a passion for innovation, research, or sales and marketing, make the right start here.
Assignments are designed to provide an early career opportunity to learn Linde’s business and provide a strong foundation for a customer interfacing technical career in Commercial Business Development. These assignments will provide you with an opportunity to gain valuable hands on experience and insight into the operations of the business units.
Three rotations that will give the exposure to the different areas, broad experience
Within the Commercial Track you can move towards two exciting roles within the Sales and Marketing group.
Application Sales Engineer for Chemical or Mechanical engineering graduates:
- To create, grow, and maintain sales of industrial gas products and technical solutions to new and existing customers in specific industries; (e.g., Food, Beverage, Metals, Glass, Chemicals, Manufacturing and Energy)
- Responsible for applications equipment /technical solutions design for the target industry working closely with the Applications Equipment Engineering team Industry Manager Linde’s Global technical team
- To be the technical expert that differentiates Linde from completion and drives profitability sales
- Differentiate Linde’s equipment and solution offerings for competitors
- Support the sales and market segment personnel
- Obtaining insight regarding industry trends and opportunities for development of new application technologies or improvement of existing equipment
- Maintains the existing customer base through customer process knowledge and technical expertise and assists in relationship selling
Account Manager for Business/Sales graduates:
- Opportunity to identify and attract new customers by introducing new products, services and technologies while maintaining existing relationships in an effort to increase sales and exceed customer expectations.
- Prospects and generates leads to develop new business, including trade show, intern/external sources and additional sales to existing customers
- Develop and understand customer values/priorities, business issues, and economic factors.
- Accurately identify prospect/customer account influencers and decision makers across sales progress
- Stays current on market share, product supply position, and new developments in the field with competitors and industry trends
- Learn account strategies and financial & business acumen
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative to drive tasks to completion?
- Excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment?
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally?
- Consult, assess, analyze and problem-solve?
- Manage complex, ambiguous, or incomplete data?
- Balance & prioritize multiple projects while maintaining required focus?
- Build relationships & be customer focused?
- Work across cross-cultural teams?